NTLK wireless & platform prefs

From: Hamilton, George (George.Hamilton@msfc.nasa.gov)
Date: Tue Aug 15 2000 - 18:10:41 CDT

What kind of wireless service does the Palm 7 use, and can we piggy back on
that service? Is a PC card available which will talk to the service used by
Palm 7. Is it available country wide (US)?

Platform prefs: Consider that others like their platform pretty well, so
let's try to play nice, and concentrate on what we have in common, not what
separates us. I use Wintel because years ago I needed and still use, a key
application only available on Wintel. I choose not to use Virtual PC on
Mac, though that might work too. I leave my Compaq Win 98 box on 24 x 5 at
work and 24 x 7 at home, and they seem pretty robust. I do frown on our
members who vent so much acid against my platform of choice, it makes me not
want to read their posts even if they have information I need.

Moral: Use what platform you prefer, and let others do the same. Count to
10 (OK 500) before posting a platform slight. Does it make you feel
superior to diss MS? Perhaps that is cathartic.--george

PS Apple's industrial design is the envy of the industry, IMHO.
George S. Hamilton
MS ED42
MSFC AL 35812

v256.544.4963