NTLK OT: Sharp Zaurus site (was: Re: NTLK Opinions wanted about (non-Newton) PDA site)

From: Wolf Lichtenberger (w_l@gmx.net)
Date: Thu Aug 17 2000 - 11:37:29 CDT

Hi,

on Thu, 17 Aug 2000, NewtonMP wrote:
> I've recently created a website introducing the Japanese Zaurus line of PDAs
[...]
> http://emswiler.home.mindspring.com/mainframe.html

Very intriguing as well as disappointing (the section on using it with romaji).
I was passingly interested in the hardware specs (CPU, clock, size and kind of
memory, ...), which neither your site nor Sharp USA provided, though.
Comparatively, the US Zaurus models really pale relative to your 24MB machine
(heck, like _toys_ and _tools_!), which makes for a relatively disinterested
picture of SHARP marketing outside Japan.
All in all: nice website, made appetite for more info.

regards,
-- Wolf Lichtenberger