Re: NTLK Connecting to interent via AppleTalk

From: J. van de Griek (Joost_van_de_Griek@nl.yachtgroup.com)
Date: Thu Aug 17 2000 - 11:59:59 CDT

jceaser wrote:

> I have a 2100 with no ethernet card and a local network with a linux
gateway
> to the internet. Is there a way to browes web pages from my newton using
> appletalk as a connection? The only option I see is MacIP. What does
MacIP
> do and can I get it?

MacIP is TCP/IP tunneled through AppleTalk; TCP/IP packages repackaged into
APpleTalk packages and then transmitted over AppleTalk.

> Network info:
>
> [internet]->eth0 (Linux Gatway) eth1[dhcp]->
> ethernet (G3Mac w/ localTalk Bridge control pannel)
serial[AppleTalk]->
> serial (Newton 2100)

If your G3 can act as a MacIP gateway, you're set. Set it up to route
ethernet to MacIP, and set up your Newton to access the G3 router through
MacIP.

,xtG
..tsooJ

--