Re: NTLK AMMO

From: Khaled Tewfik (khaledt@earthlink.net)
Date: Sat Aug 19 2000 - 12:09:24 CDT

on 8/17/00 8:06 PM, Benjamin Ing at vbing@mediaone.net wrote:

>While it is still the
> best handheld solution, it is too large to really be a pocket computer. The
> technologies that it supports, such as PCMCIA cards are being passed, just
> as the Newton is.
>
> Enjoy your Newton and enjoy its functionality, but each day, while the loyal
> hobbyists try to keep the Newton current, Palm gains more functionality
> every day.
>
> BEn

For those who appreciate and really need Newton's functionality, size was
never an issue, if not an asset.

In case you have not noticed, most Palms do not even have any sort of PC
card support and I doubt if the one you have even got it. I am glad to see
the Palm gain functionality. I will switch once it had gained enough to
resemble what the Newton is since years. For the time being I would only buy
it as a satellite hand held to the Newton, and that is only because of its
size and basic functionality.

Khaled Tewfik
Saudi Arabia