Re: NTLK Programming a Hotline Client

From: Marco Mailand (Marco.Mailand@psi.ch)
Date: Thu Aug 24 2000 - 01:52:15 CDT

Peter Curtis wrote:
> I've heard mentions of a product called NSBasic, which is, I
> believe, some form of relatively advanced BASIC for the Newton? That might
> be nice...
It is really nice and it is the only programming environment which
accepts handwritten programs ;-)

> If it resembles REALBasic or VisualBasic at all.
It doesn't. All the menu stuff is completely different and will have to
be rewritten as well as the appearance at all has to be programmed in
NSB. Also handling of a large number of source lines might become hell
slow. Some NSB functions work really good and acceptably fast but others
are hell slow and cannot be used in e.g. loops. Then NSB development is
discontinued.

What exactly should the Newtline program do?

--

Regards / Viele Gruesse

Marco Mailand

http://www.psi.ch/SLS http://slsbd.psi.ch/timing *************************************** NewtonTalk brought to you by: