Re: NTLK Dumb idea ?

From: Robert Benschop (robertbenschop@bigfoot.com)
Date: Sun Aug 27 2000 - 01:17:37 CDT

on 27-08-2000 7:15, Bill Davis at newton@ecity.net wrote:

>> BTW, can a Palm synch with CO or solely with PD ?
>
> Solely with PD. PD is CO with Palm Sync added.

I asked this because PD kept reporting that it crashed whenever I quit the
app, CO doesn't give me any problems. Don't know if I'm the only one having
this.

> Palm Notepad notes limited to 4-8k, much smaller than the Newton. Any
> Newton notes bigger than that are not imported, they're simply lost.

I thought that there was a freeware solution to that, but like I said
before, I don't really have a clue on the subject.

> I'm sort of slowly working on getting the Newton data cleaned up to the Palm
> limits, but it's a definite major leap backwards.

After reading all of what you wrote us I wonder why, because in the end you
will dumbed down your Newt so much that you will have lost some of it's
advantages, seems a bit like blocking off part of your Lexus to make sure
that all of your stuff fits in you Starlet as well.
Guess the Palm farm factor is again the deciding factor and I have to admit
I don't take my Newt with me to some places (like the beach) and if it's the
only thing I'm carrying it's a bit awkward.
But I rather jot stuff down on paper in the meantime (quicker than a Palm
anyway ;-) and enter it later in my Newt, especially after reading all of
your hair raising account. ;-)

Robert Benschop