Re: NTLK New StrongARM processor

From: Robert Benschop (robertbenschop@bigfoot.com)
Date: Sun Aug 27 2000 - 01:36:25 CDT

on 26-08-2000 11:52, Alex Karahalios at alex@karahalios.org wrote:

> Anyone care to try it out on their Newton?

Depends, if anybody has enough experience in this (I'm pretty sure that
Oliver from Pixsolution has the expertise, but not so sure that he would be
the right person to ask for this) and all of NewtonTalk donated one dollar
we would have a couple of Newtons to spare and in the end we would all
benefit.
Would you be qualified Alex or anybody else on the list, and do you have a
clue how hard it would be to replace the Newtons processor ?
(is that what's done with the Pixsolution upgrade ? I thought that that was
"just" an overclock)
And, probably the most important question, how much would a 260 MHz
StrongArm chip cost ?

Robert Benschop