Re: NTLK recharge in 2100

From: Gruendel, Frank 3837 PPE-WT (Frank.Gruendel@de.heidelberg.com)
Date: Tue Aug 29 2000 - 10:40:34 CDT

>I think that the little switch in the MP2x00 is far more difficult to
>trigger with the regular battery cage. I think that someone did it but
>it required physical modifications to the cage itself, hardly anything
>like you did in your 130.

The mp2k series don't have a switch. They have two electrical contacts
in the battery cage behind which a tiny amount of electronics lurks. Both
contacts and electronic are missing in the alkaline cage. It you have
unlimited time and your time doesn't cost you anything and you are fairly
good with a soldering gun and you are fairly good at mechanical
alterations and you can get the required electronic part, you could
give it a try, but frankly, I'd recommend not to try.

>I would suggest if you don't have any problem and accidently fry your
>MP2000 that you use an appropriate external charger and charge your
>batteries there.

Just as Laurent said: That is your best bet. If you get a good charger, even
better than using the original Apple pack and the Newton's charge
circuitry.

Frank