Re: NTLK Fun with Newton curious people

From: Jimmy Flores (smtcb@swbell.net)
Date: Tue Aug 29 2000 - 19:44:07 CDT

[ do you mind share with us your little short paragraph about the Newton?

Trying to keep it short & sweet, my MP2K proudly states:

"This is the apple newton message pad two thousand. It is not new even
though it's called the two thousand. It was actually discontinued in
nineteen ninety seven. There is still speculation as to why. Among some of
the innovative features are ethernet, modem, the ability to actually surf
the internet and to read and send email. Not to mention the handwriting to
text function is regarded by many to still be the best. Plus it is just
plain cool. Especially when it reeds to you."

I had a guy at work hear that, then look over to his Handspring Visor
resting useless in it's cutesy cradle then ask if he could see more
functions of the Newton.