Re: NTLK Q: Newton - Outlook 2000

From: Bill Davis (newton@ecity.net)
Date: Wed Aug 30 2000 - 01:15:35 CDT

On 8/29/00 7:09 PM, jimthej [mailto:jimthej@pacbell.net] wrote:

>OK, I lied about OutLink working. My machine was taken to NT4 last week,
>which should work but the nice guy in IS says that no I can't have
>permission for Active-X to create objects ( the synch file). I wonder if he
>is open to bribery?
>
>Jim Johnston
>Teacher
>Mac Smacker
>Newton User

Try pointing out to him that "IS" means Information SERVICES or
Information SUPPORT. It's his JOB to accomodate (service/support) you,
not throw red tape in your face. If he does't buy this, work on getting
him reprimanded or fired for not doing his job supporting you, don't
encourage such unprofessional behavior by trying to bribe him. ;-)

  -Bill (who works in an "IS" department, by the way)

 \\ /, "Ink Different" at Info-Newt, the site for Newton PDAs
`( Info-Newt Newton news & info web site: http://www.info-newt.com/
  \ Newton FTP Software archive: ftp://ftp.info-newt.com/
   = GOT A NEWTON QUESTION? Visit: http://www.info-newt.com/faq/