NTLK EVERYONE READ (Palm Emulator/Newton Case)

From: ZACINCCEO@aol.com
Date: Thu Aug 31 2000 - 09:37:24 CDT

Hello everyone, over the last week I have been listening to your comments
from kind ones to downright harassment OK now let me prove my case to NTLK
and let all of this stop OK?
1st the Palm Emulator.... I know everyone was wondering about this, this was
a real project and I was trying my hardest to get it done I myself do not
know a lot about coding I have made that clear when I tried to get people to
help with this and yes I wanted to spearhead the project because if it was
written I would/do know how to get it to market (i.e. to the Newton users) I
had gotten an E-mail 3 months ago or so AOL deleted it by now but anyway he
was very interested and he wanted to take on the project and was willing to
do the coding but I never heard from him again, then I went to a programming
company 3 of them actually I do not remember there names one guy wanted
75,000 and a Newton and a palm, one guy wanted around 63,000 and 30% of all
the sales and one guy wanted 40,000 I Newton a Palm (to test it of course and
get the ROM etc..) anyway he wanted half of all the profits and the ownership
license, I was willing to put in 10,000 of my own money but not the high
amount that they wanted a high percentage of the profit which I really didn't
care about I was willing to give them20% but definitly 50% and I wanted to
give the license to the Newton users so they could modify the OS in whatever
way they wanted, but after that I knew I could not get it done so I just went
on with my life I know many people were disappointed and I apologize for that
I believed in it I really did and I don't want anyone to hate me but I know
how many people really wanted this so I would like to apologize to NTLK and
anyone else involved/hurt by me but there really was nothing I could do I
couldn't program but I do apologize anyway #2 The Newton case I want to make
an open statement THAT THIS WILL HAPPEN ONE WAY OR ANOTHER I DO NOT NEED
ANYONE TO DO THE MACHINING BECAUSE THAT'S ALREADY TAKEN JUSTIN IS DOING THE
ORDERS AND THOUGHT OF THE IDEA AT NASP I WILL HANDLE THE BUSINESS END ON HOW
IT ACTUALLY WILL HAPPEN FROM OUR END (DAVE AND I). I really do not appreciate
the onslaught of people mocking or harassing me I know I have let you down in
the past but I will not let you guys down I promise you have my word. any
questions you can personally E-mail me at ZACINCCEO@aol.com 24/7 here's the
proof I am working on this
Zac,

I've had a few ideas about this. If you're familiar with the Linux
"open source" operating system. The open source philosophy could be
applied to a physical product as well. I digitise the MP case parts,
make the 3D CAD models, and do the CNC programming with detailed
process sheets, and for a modest fee, say $50, offer a CD
with all of the design info so any machine shop with the appropriate
equipment could make it. The problem is, of course, not many people
own their own machine shop with a $50-$200k machine capable of doing
the parts, but independent shops could be motivated by pooling
several people's orders. We know there are 100+ people from all over
the country interested, so they could all band together
and go to one or several shops (I'll bet out of that 100, someone
has a contact at a shop capable of doing the work). If it's a successful
idea, more projects could follow. If you do the legwork, and I do the
design, we can split the proceeds 50/50. It would be a relatively
easy source of revenue, and wouldn't entail the risk of the cost
of a second machine. Even if we don't do the open source business
model, I don't see a way I can make 100 MP cases anytime soon with
the amount of other cases I'm making now, so outsourcing is really
the only option.

Dave

--
Dave Ruigh
D. A. Ruigh Co | dave design

so this is possible but it will take work is there anyone out there with a machine shop or a friend with one? Justin can you E-mail the people in your 100+ list to see? now to the Q&A

I'd like to make the following two points.

1. Either ZACINCEO is pulling another one on us.

In that case: ZAC could you please stop trolling around. I am not hope I have proven I haven't

2. Both ZAC and Justin are for real. I hope you and NTLK understand that from my E-mail above

For the moment I put my money 100 % on Justin (he started this whole idea and I've not seen Zac make one clear statement about it yet.) But in case you guys both are for real, please get in touch with each other and fulfill my wish, let Justin I have contacted Justin 2 days ago and haven't gotten a response do the spokesman work and let Zac work really hard in the background (or vice versa of course, in which case I hope Zac starts by thinking a long time about every phrase he submits to all of us and adding some punctuation as he goes along ;-) Sorry about that I will work harder on spelling/punctuation I just have so much to write it sorta go into the background lol will do. Thank you for letting me clear the air but I would like people to stop the onslaugh on me and let us get the case done one way or another :) Best Regards -Zac *************************************** NewtonTalk brought to you by: