Re: NTLK Strange problems with Geocities & QuickNewts...

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent_daudelin@fanniemae.com)
Date: Thu Aug 31 2000 - 09:34:24 CDT

Chris Browder wrote:

> Ok....
>
> On Mac IE 5....
> If I click the link, I get an unavailable error, if I press enter on the URL
> it loads the movie. If I embed the movie, it gets an error of busy and won't
> even display the box for the QT movie in the page. So I am now looking for a
> server out there I can upload my movies to... any takers? I'd use my cable
> connection but it voids my service contract and slows down my connection. Is
> WebJump any good? I need some help, guys!

Chris,

I don't know what your problem is, but I don't think that WebJump is a
good solution. It's just some kind of a trick, methink, to attract
people to sell them something. I used it to host some QuickTime movies
myself. The system is often down or unreachable, and when it's there,
the performance is abysmal, to say the least... So, that's why I say
it's some kind of a trick. If they were really serious about providing
storage space to people, they would be more careful than that.

Did you try iTools, specifically the iDisk part?

-Laurent.
Laurent Daudelin Developer, Adaptive Infrastructure, CIS
Fannie Mae Washington, DC, USA
Phone: 703-833-4266 mailto:Laurent_Daudelin@fanniemae.com