Re: [NTLK] another SER-001 installation report

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Aug 21 2001 - 11:30:48 EDT

I have also heard on this list that there is a space
problem inside the Newt if you have the PixSolution
speed upgrade and you want to get the SER-001 as well.
I am considering both upgrades and want to make sure
that before I purchase either one or the other that
both will be able to co-exist comfortable inside my
MP2000u...If not, then a serious decision making must
be done!
Ed
web/gadget guru

--- Johannes Wolf <jwolf_at_xe.estec.esa.nl> wrote:
<snip>
> In my particular case the long screw for the upper
> right end causes the back cover not to close
> perfectly, because precisely where the screw is
> located, the back cover has a little bump of approx
> half a millimeter or less. There are some scratches
> in the insulating foil at this position due to
> pressing the back cover down onto the screw. But
> this is enough to prevent the back cover from
> closing perfectly (snapping in near the pen holder).
> Another issue are the two wires to the on/off
> switch: there are little clearances for those wires
> and if the wires do not sit in the clearances, they
> will cause the SER-001 board to sit a bit higher
> above the logic board.
<snip>

=====
note: This does not constitute a sig file...