Re: [NTLK] another SER-001 installation report

From: PCBman (pcbman_at_ix.netcom.com)
Date: Tue Aug 21 2001 - 18:19:04 EDT

Ed

> I have also heard on this list that there is a space
> problem inside the Newt if you have the PixSolution
> speed upgrade and you want to get the SER-001 as well.
> I am considering both upgrades and want to make sure
> that before I purchase either one or the other that
> both will be able to co-exist comfortable inside my
> MP2000u...If not, then a serious decision making must
> be done!
> Ed
> web/gadget guru

Woo Lee asked the same question.
The Implant board is less position dependant than the SER-001.

The SER-001 MUST fit at a specific place but the implant, by
the fact that connections to it are made by discrete wires, could
go anywhere it can fit.

Dimensions for the Implant suggest that it could be fitted on top of the
large Cirrus Logic chip with double stick foam tape and so, co-exist
with my SER-001.

Remember, that even if you fit both, you will not be able to use the
SER-001 in accelerated mode.

Regards,

David Humphreys