[NTLK] My first Newton (finally!)

From: Anthony Randazzo (SupahCoolX_at_mac.com)
Date: Tue Aug 21 2001 - 14:56:24 EDT

Well, I got my first Newton today (an MP120 with OS2.0). So far, it seems
great. The HWR was REALLY bad at first, but I messed around with the
settings and spent some time with it, and now it's really getting good. I
can't wait until it's *just* right. Anyway, here are a few questions:
1. Is NCU free (on UNNA)? If I use this in conjunction with, say, Palm
Desktop, will I be able to see my notes and such on my Mac?
2. Is PrintPack free and on UNNA? Will this work with my Epson Stylus 740
(has a serial port)?
3. Do I need any special software on the Newt to connect it via AppleTalk to
my mac? I'll probably pick up one of those serial/ethernet appletalk
adapters from Farallon.
4. Speaking of which, could someone PLEASE help me figure out which of the
various Farallon EtherMac or iPrint products will work with the Newton for
backing up and syncing with my iBook?
5. How long can I expect to get out of 4 good (Duracell or Energizer) AA
batteries? Luckily it came with a power adapter...
6. I also got an Apple 2mb Flash card. Will keeping this card in drain the
battery faster (even if the card itself is not in use)?

Hmm.. I think that's about it for now. Thanks in advance for your help! I'm
sure I'll be back with more questions later, haha.
Anthony Randazzo
SupahCoolX_at_mac.com