Re: [NTLK] FW: magnified stylus dirt photos

From: Dustin Long (dlong_at_tamu.edu)
Date: Sun Dec 30 2001 - 12:34:40 EST

You mean you can use a replacement tip for a Wacom pen plus some
heat-shrink tubing to fabricate a usable tip for an Apple-original MP2k
pen?

(I know. That wasn't the point of the url... but now I'm excited!)

I have several of the Apple-original MP2k stylii that I've managed to
cross-thread and lose the tips from. Tried super-glue, catalyzed
cement... never found anything that'd hold the "dark green" plastic tip in
place once the threads were eliminated.

Now I have a chance of using them again!

(And, in partial response to another thread, too: UPS isn't all bad. My
UPS guy was kind enough to give me a handful of their red plastic stylii
and, although they're a little short and won't "clip" into place, they
work find on my Newt. Of course, since the "cap" sticks up out of the
stylus silo, everyone thinks it's a wi-fi antenna as well...)

~Dustin

(Who will hopefully retire his cheezy plastic red UPS pen in favor of a
newly-retipped Apple stylus before Monday! :)