Re: [NTLK] Problems Downloading Packages From UNNA

From: Brian McEwen (bmcewen_at_cowboy.net)
Date: Sun Jul 08 2001 - 21:56:08 EDT

On Sun, 8 Jul 2001, John Johnson wrote:
> I'll try that, myself. I had hopes of Steve Weyer's PackType
> as an on-mac drop&fix for corrupted .pkg but that, too, was wrecked by the
> time I got it into the PowerMac: the problem is not a .pkg problem alone as
> I tried to get a mac .sit file and had no more success wih it than .sit
> compressions of newt files.

when downloading any binary, I always download as "source" rather than
"text".

To do this, in Netscape, either right-click, or click and hold on the link
for the file you want (.sit or .pkg, whichever), select "save this link
as", select from the popup box tell it "source" and not "text".

Sounds like you are destroying your downloads by letting them download as
text instead of binary , which there is no way to fix except to do it
properly, a second time.

HTH.