Re: [NTLK] Problems Downloading Packages From UNNA

From: Eric L. Strobel (fyzycyst_at_home.com)
Date: Sun Jul 08 2001 - 22:12:15 EDT

somewhere near the temporal coordinates of 7/8/01 9:56 PM, the entity known
as Brian McEwen transmitted the following from bmcewen_at_cowboy.net:

> To do this, in Netscape, either right-click, or click and hold on the link
> for the file you want (.sit or .pkg, whichever), select "save this link
> as", select from the popup box tell it "source" and not "text".

I forgot about that. Probably because that was one of the reasons I stopped
using Netscape in the first place. But let's not get into a religious
browser war. :-) Yes, if that's how it's being downloaded, then that is
likely to be the problem. There's a similar problem if the download is
being done by FTP and the file gets downloaded as ASCII rather than Binary.

- Eric.