Re: [NTLK] Problems Downloading Packages From UNNA

From: Brian McEwen (bmcewen_at_cowboy.net)
Date: Sun Jul 08 2001 - 22:17:05 EDT

On Sun, 8 Jul 2001, Eric L. Strobel wrote:
> I forgot about that. Probably because that was one of the reasons I stopped
> using Netscape in the first place. But let's not get into a religious
> browser war. :-) Yes, if that's how it's being downloaded, then that is

so IE always defaults to binary rather than text for a file type it
doesn't "know" about? bah.

The point is, don't trust some browser or even ftp client to automagically
do things "right", force the download to be correct and you'll not have
problems. Downloading binary objects as text is something that everyone
has done at least once when they first were figuring out ftp or web stuff;
you learn, you move on. :)