[NTLK] No longer supported software (was) Newtools

From: John M. Powell (quixjuan_at_QuixNet.net)
Date: Wed Jul 11 2001 - 12:56:57 EDT

> Is anybody handling http://www.ascribe.com Newtools as far as a
> reg. code I like the demo of button bar but it expires after 30 days.
>
> Brings up a point on some of these software companies that have
> gone under, What is the groups thought on exchanging reg. codes
> on projects that have met there demise? I have no problem paying
> for software where it is possible, and god knows I do not want to
> stifle any Newton software development.
>
> But in the case of the Newton is there a fine line between Warez
> and reality? Just a thought.
>
> Greg

Greg,

It's definately something we've been chatting about. Not too
aggressively, but it's been under discussion. On a side note,
someone on the list sent me a full version of Small Talk with
a working code (only thing I'm missing is the 3d greyscale
buttons package... anyone?!!).

After many emails, here's the latest on this venture;
1) LandWare purchased the PalmOS version ONLY.
2) Concept Kitchen no longer sells or supports this program.
3) My request for ConceptKitchen to allow us to post this
program and it's code has been sent to the president of the
company and I should have an answer soon.

Kinda one of those things that it takes effort to track down the
people, and if they are not reachable, for someone to be able
to create a code generator so we in the community can still
enjoy it if it's not purchaseable. Tactile hasn't been reachable.
They were huge for the Newton, but who can reach them now?
I'm still looking for a recipie program the TeleType used to
sell (sellers of GPS stuff) - I'd really like to find this
program, but no one seems to have it, and the word from
TeleType is "We have nothing for the Newton here any longer".

John
jp_at_iwillbefree.com