Re: [NTLK] Build your own Newton?

From: good-dog_at_northshore.net
Date: Wed Oct 31 2001 - 08:08:01 EST

The Compulsive Splicer wrote:

> good-dog_at_northshore.net wrote:
>
> >Okay, maybe I misunderstand what you guys mean by this 160 X 160
> >business.
>
> It's the difference between writing out this:
>
> http://www.splicer.com/images/hwr/320x240.GIF
>
> or this:
>
> http://www.splicer.com/images/hwr/160x160.GIF

Dang, you 're right. Now I understand. Back to the drawing board.

I can imagine writing a little smaller, but there's a point where it's
not natural anymore. If you compare your own HWR on paper to the newt,
it seems to be pretty much the same. In writing on a smaller area you
could do the same, but you'd end up with a lot less. I've written on
small post-its and on those small pads of white paper that are
horizontally wider than a Palm device, but it's never as comfortable as
the next size up. An interesting dilemma we face with any future
device, no?

Thanks a lot for the explanation, it's been really helpful in imagining
this HWR topic we're discussing.

Mark