[NTLK] Read landline e-mail thru CDPD account

From: Mark Rollins (mark_at_mrollins.com)
Date: Sat Sep 01 2001 - 08:13:57 EDT

re: http://www.mrollins.com/newtmerlin.html

I should also add to the page - that I found a way to trick your Newton
to read
your "regular" landline account e-mail wirelessly.

After you've read your e-mail from the wireless account (GoAmerica in my
case).
Do not disconnect from the Internet. Go to your In/Out box.

Select the e-mail software prefs for the e-mail software you use; set it to
 "leave mail on server" (so you can retrieve later with a laptop or
desktop.)
You may want to be sure a size limit is set, so it skips e-mail above a
certain size.

Go to notes, create a blank note; in the routing slip - select "mail"

In the popup e-mail choices, choose your first owner name (you'll know
what I mean if you use a Merlin and have set it up with info from the
aforementioned Web page. Note that for this to work, your first owner
name MUST have the pertinent landline e-mail account info.). Do not
change the
Location ("wireless" in my case), nor the Connection setup ("Merlin" in
my case).

Cancel sending the e-mail (what happens is the In/Out box is now set to
use your landline e-mail account, but STILL connected thru your wireless account!

Go to the In/Out box, choose "receive"

You'll see it log onto your landline e-mail account.

You'll see it download landline account's your e-mail.

(optional step) Maniacially laugh at the Palm/WinCE user next to you.

--
Mark Rollins
mark_at_mrollins.com