Re: [NTLK] Deepest sympathy for the assassinated

From: doppler (doppler_at_mac.com)
Date: Wed Sep 12 2001 - 09:22:30 EDT

> Sorry, but innocents DO get killed in war. While everything that can
> humanly be done to limit this should be done, this should NOT be a deterrant
> to EVER going to war. Such reasoning would have the Nazis and Imperial
> Japan ruling the world. Remember, any government harboring or aiding these
> swine has made a choice on behalf of their nation. Any harm befalling their
> citizens as a result is the fault of THAT government.

i really must have missed something here.

is really the iraqi people to blame for what saddam has done? no, not in my
opinion. we have seen a lot of suffering in iraq after the gulf war, a lot
of 'punishing'. dont tell that the kurds of iraq are to respond for what
saddam did to kuwait.

if for example bin laden will be found guilty to organising these terrible
deeds, afghanistan will be 'punished', according to your logics. afghanistan
is a country that has suffered a lot since 1979. i dont think the people of
afghanistan are to answer for what happened elsewhere.

what concerns the terrorists, i too think every measure should be taken to
take them to court. no compromise here, period.

doppler