Re: [NTLK] Deepest sympathy for the assassinated

From: Eric L. Strobel (fyzycyst_at_home.com)
Date: Wed Sep 12 2001 - 09:38:21 EDT

at the temporal coordinates: 9/12/01 9:22 AM, the entity known as doppler at
doppler_at_mac.com conveyed the following:

> is really the iraqi people to blame for what saddam has done? no, not in my
> opinion. we have seen a lot of suffering in iraq after the gulf war, a lot
> of 'punishing'. dont tell that the kurds of iraq are to respond for what
> saddam did to kuwait.

Well, since they dance in the streets and say "Saddam, we love you." and
there seems to be a great number that fully support him, then YES, they ARE
to blame. As for the Kurds, they aren't suffering from what the West is
doing, they're suffering from what Saddam is doing, and to imply otherwise
is to dishonor the Kurds who've died at Saddam's hand.

> if for example bin laden will be found guilty to organising these terrible
> deeds, afghanistan will be 'punished', according to your logics. afghanistan
> is a country that has suffered a lot since 1979. i dont think the people of
> afghanistan are to answer for what happened elsewhere.

If bin Laden is found responsible, then those that harbor him share equally
in his fate. There are at least *some* Afghans that oppose the Taliban and
I hope that any attack we might launch will aid them. But, sorry to say,
those who tolerate or look the other way at the Taliban's crimes have made
their choice. But regardless, we are NOT talking about nuking Kabul or
something. So I highly doubt you'd see civilian casualties of the scale
we're seeing in the US.

- Eric.