[NTLK] Newton scanners?

From: john_fraser_at_mac.com
Date: Thu Sep 27 2001 - 09:19:46 EDT

The Visioneer PaperPort Scanner was really small used serial and is cheap to boot. (ebay or other companies)...

Has anyone written a driver to accept scanning on the newton? If not I guess this would be a good place to start for me.=
  Any information on started projects, failures or other information would be helpful.

A typical serial scanner doesn't take much to work. a Quick signal to tell it to scan (and where) and then it basically =
sends the data....

I already have an intercept serial cable created to find signals carried over the cable and shouldn't take long to create=
 a quick driver. The problem I have... Will be the newton methods of file storage etc.

I'll need links and information on this if possible, best format to store in (probably raw at first)