Re: [NTLK] NewtHack.

From: Edward Gray (stryfe_at_cs.bu.edu)
Date: Thu Apr 04 2002 - 12:42:31 EST

> Does anyone know if NewtHack is supported still? Both the web sites are
> down, and I haven't got a reply from Christopher at all, and I have
> unable to turn anything up in web searches.
>
> I am wanting to register the game or get hold of a registered version if
> it isn't supported any more.

</lurk>

I think the project has been dead for quite a while now. Dopp was an old
friend and classmate of mine; at one point he did some magic to my mp2k
whilst I averted my eyes, resulting in me having a registered copy. Sadly,
it got wiped out quite a while ago (and I'm not entirely sure it was
something that could be backed up and restored without a password
anyway...?)

The plans for 2.0 seemed quite nice, but I could never really get into the
1.x versions.

Ok, I just sent him a mail, although it looks like he hasn't checked that
mailbox since Jan 25 (and not logged in since 1997!), so no idea how long it
will take to hear back from him. I've also posted a message asking if any of
our other classmates have heard from him recently...

Will let you know if anything turns up.

cheers
-E