[NTLK] Newton Syncing & Usage

From: Paul Nuernberger (newton_at_thenuernbergers.com)
Date: Sat Apr 13 2002 - 01:05:11 EDT

Back from my nap, and in need of the groups help.

I would like to be able to have one of my 2100's at work, and the other at
home so I am not transporting one all the time. I would like to have the
same information on each (names, dates, notes, etc.) as well as keep them in
sync with each other. I use my 2100 extensively (depend on it), but
transporting it has brought it close to serious damage on numerous occasions
- so far I have been extremely lucky.

The way I envisioned this is as follows :

Using Macintosh computers, Ethernet, and Zip drives back up where I am at,
then restore when I get to the other location. I have all the necessary
equipment to do this. As I have T1 connectivity in both locations I could
simply email the files back and forth as well.

What I am asking for is opinions, ideas, and any other helpful input on any
other methods to accomplish this - as well as alternatives to this I haven't
thought of. All help greatly appreciated.

Much Thanks,

Paul Nuernberger