Re: [NTLK] basestations and wavelan

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent_daudelin_at_fanniemae.com)
Date: Fri Apr 19 2002 - 12:19:55 EDT

On 19/04/02 06:01, "SuerthP_at_andersonnews.com" <SuerthP_at_andersonnews.com>
wrote:

> anybody tried Linksys or Dlink with these the wavelan?can you still by
> wavelan's new?

I think that someone has been posting that as long as your base station
supports completely the 802.11b protocol and as long as you name it "Newton"
(without the quotes), you should be fine. Obviously, if the base station
doesn't support AppleTalk, then you wouldn't be able to use NCU wirelessly
with your Newton, though, so that's a gotcha if you're using a Macintosh,
but a moot point if you're using Windows.

As for the cards, I haven't kept up with all the reports about what cards
were working and those that were not. Quite a few were reported to work, I
seem to remember.

Anybody has any site that has all the wireless info? I thought there was
one...

-Laurent.