Re: [NTLK] OT - Off Topic - Re: Safety

From: aaron tester (desktop_at_lavalink.com.au)
Date: Mon Apr 22 2002 - 13:52:44 EDT

well thanks jon! i don't feel bad because i never claimed to have the
definitive answers here. in fact, what ticked me off was people proclaiming
the Lott book to be FACT, and that was why i posted a link to article with
an opposing viewpoint.

as somebody else just posted - crime rates involve much more than one
variable (gun-control) and to suggest otherwise is nonsensical. bradford
suggested a recent rise in crime in australia was the direct result of new
gun control laws - and i disagree. it's a radical oversimplification of
the situation and a bit of a sound-bite statistic.

anyway...

aaron