Re: [NTLK] OT - Off topic - US drivers

From: Karel Jansens (kareljansens_at_tiscalinet.be)
Date: Tue Apr 23 2002 - 11:01:00 EDT

On Mon, 22 Apr 2002 20:11:28 -0700 (PDT), Ed Kummel wrote:

>I'm sorry, but that's kinda funny! I always think it's
>amazing what the Europeans can do with small engines.
>Honestly, I never drove a car with an engine that
>small! (3.0 liters) All my cars are much, much bigger
>than that! Both of my Jeeps are 5.8 liters (the
>smallest engines I own) My olds is a 7.8L and my Caddy
>(I'm stripping it for the engine only) is an 8.0L
>(soon to be an 8.7L when I get finished with it) And
>when I was in Hawaii, the Jeeps I drove there were
>also 4.0L! So, I find it odd that someone can get
>Jazzed in a 3.0L engine car!
>Ed (anything under 500hp should only be used to cut
>grass)
>web/gadget guru
>(if you can hear your car stereo, you either have too
>small of an engine or your car stalled!)

Well, I had been driving Diesels for 15 years prior to that Chrysler. And
for Europeans, 3L is already a big engine.

Anyways, at 180 Kph I could still hear the stereo perfectly, which was
nice. In Belgium, with its 120 Kph speed limit, and with the stereo on, it
sometimes did sound as if the car had stalled. But I like quiet cars.

--
Karel Jansens
kareljansens_at_tiscalinet.be

"Anyway, it's not just thinking. You've got to be able to talk about it entertainingly afterwards." (Glurk of the Munrung tribe explaining philosophy in 'the Carpet People' by Terry Pratchett).