Re: [NTLK] Laurent Woods

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent_daudelin_at_fanniemae.com)
Date: Mon Apr 29 2002 - 16:39:32 EDT

On 29/04/02 11:47, "Seth Hurwitz" <shurwit1_at_jhmi.edu> wrote:

> Laur*nt: Can you offer some tips to avoid the "wicked slice" in Gold
> Tee?

Well, I'm not that good myself, although I have, from time to time, an eagle
or a birdie.

What you need to watch for is the dial that appears in the 'swing-o-meter'.
When you pull the 'rubber band', you'll see that 'swing-o-meter' filling up.
You have to 'release' the 'rubber band' when it's near the dial, in the
'swing-o-meter'. Obviously, you'll need some practice. Like I said, I tap
the rubber band in the middle (or close to one side or the other if I want
to give an effect to the ball), and then I drag the pen down. I don't lift
it until it gets near the dial in the 'swing-o-meter'. Then I release the
pen and the guy takes its swing. If you release the pen before the dial, the
ball will curve on your left. If you release too late, it goes to the right.
Then, you get this 'wicked slice'...

It's all in practice, you know. I've learned it by trying it. Nobody ever
helped me with that. And I'm not a Newton game player either...

-Laurent.

C Programmer's Disease n.: The tendency of the undisciplined C programmer to
set arbitrary but supposedly generous static limits on table sizes (defined,
if you're lucky, by constants in header files) rather than taking the
trouble to do proper dynamic storage allocation.