[NTLK] Touch Screen cable problem

From: Bernie A. Goltermann (bagoltermann_at_ksaits.com)
Date: Sun Aug 04 2002 - 14:35:43 EDT

I have a friends MP2000 apart looking for the cause of a non-responsive
touch screen. I finally found the problem. The foil ribbon cable with
the 4 contacts has a break half way through the ribbon cutting 2 of the
foil traces. I don't see how it happened but possibly from someone
prying open the case with a knife and slipping it in between the two
halves of the case and nicking the ribbon cable. (Wasn't me honest!!)
Anyway, does anybody have any ideas how to fix this kind of damage?
Looks like a very delicate problem... I know about the replacement
screens currently being offered but was wondering if there's some kind
of repair kit for this kind of damage. Thought I read something about
this once...

Bernie