Re: [NTLK] Why is simplemail so slow?

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent.daudelin_at_verizon.net)
Date: Sat Dec 07 2002 - 01:33:16 EST

on 07/12/02 01:00, Trenton Tuggle at Trent_at_Tuggle.Org wrote:

> One more question,
>
> My final question of the evening: Does anyone know how to speed up simplemail?
> It's terribly slow for more than a few emails, even when the messages are
> small!
>
> By the way, don't take this as a criticism of Simon or any others who've
> worked on it, it's just a question. :)

In general, all internet accesses are slow on a Newton, specially if you're
using a 1x0 Newton. I guess that things must be a little bit snappier with
an accelerated 2100!

-Laurent.

GIGO /gi:'goh/ [acronym]: 1. `Garbage In, Garbage Out' -- usually said in response to lusers who complain that a program didn't "do the right thing" when given imperfect input or otherwise mistreated in some way. Also commonly used to describe failures in human decision making due to faulty, incomplete, or imprecise data. 2. `Garbage In, Gospel Out': this more recent expansion is a sardonic comment on the tendency human beings have to put excessive trust in `computerized' data.