Re: [NTLK] Well, I've gone and done it... the NSBasic/NewtCard mailing list...!

From: Sushi (Sushi_at_ragingbull.com)
Date: Tue Dec 17 2002 - 13:17:08 EST

Hi Larent,

>No offense meant, but I don't do BASIC, never learned it.
>There might be quite a few programmers that don't have
>much experience with it, except those that had the
>unfortunate fate of working in VisualBasic...

FWIW, there are many versions of BASIC out there.

One of the coolest was an HP version that came with my HP-71. I think I
got it back in 1985. Unlike most BASICs at the time, it allowed for
recursion, dynamic allocation of memory (strings, arrays, etc.), and
inline stuff. I also purchased an assembler and FORTH complier for it as
well.

All this was on a nibble computer. Pretty darn cool at the time. I
still have the computer, along with the inkjet printer and floppy drive.

I enjoyed programming on the HP-71. Neat system.

Sushi

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html