Re: [NTLK] [OT] WaveLAN Silver PC Card Deal

From: John Skinner (john_at_johnskinner.net)
Date: Mon Feb 11 2002 - 05:04:24 EST

On 2/6/02 1:09 AM, "Robert Benschop" <rbenschop_at_mac.com> wrote:

>it looks like you don't need an base station at all, just two Airport
> equipped computers and one of the machines acting as a base station using
> the AirPort Software Base Station.
>
> Anybody on the list with experience with this ?

Yes you can setup a computer with an AirPort or WaveLAN card to act as an
AirPort Basestation! I just did it on my PowerBook 3400 and a WaveLAN card
with Apple software!

> Would make a really cheap solution, with the Lucent WaveLan and Airport
> cards at OWC this cheap ($ 50) it seems a sweet deal.

I am ordering on of these cards too and will tell all how to use AirPort
software with Newton, WaveLAN driver for Newton, and another WaveLAN card to
surf Wirelessly!!!!!!!! (Did it before, but was an a Windows laptop).

Stay tuned!