Re: [NTLK] [OT] On the iMac.

From: Sushi (Sushi_at_ragingbull.com)
Date: Mon Jan 07 2002 - 17:42:11 EST

>>On 1/8/02 @ 5:08AM, Sushi wrote:
>>
>>However, I believe that Apple violated it's all in one
>>minimalizing concept. I do not see built in stereo
>>speakers in the screen or base. If the addition of
>>Apple Pro speakers is required, then that sucks. One
>>of the great selling points of the iMac, is all in one.
>>Jobs even harped on this during the intro. This makes
>>no sense to me. How are would it have been to add built
>>in speakers to the display or base? Maybe I missed
>> something...
>
>On 1/8/02 @ 6:59 AM, Lilia Lopez wrote:
>
>Main speaker is in the base of the iMAC. 2 top end
>iMAC's come with extra speakers

Thanks Lilia -- You just confirmed my belief.

They did violate their own philosophy. All iMacs to date, have two
stereo speakers (as in L and R) built in as part of their all in one
design. Why doesn't the new iMac?!

Now I have to have two more cables laying around my desk for the
speakers. A much better solution would have been to include two speakers
in the base unit or screen.

Heck, all the iMac is, is a reincarnated Cube with a TFT on it and a
power supply in it, instead of the brick.

Can you say disappointed?! :-(

Sushi