Re: [NTLK] [OT] On the iMac.

From: Jon Glass (jonglass_at_usa.net)
Date: Tue Jan 08 2002 - 03:37:53 EST

on 1/7/02 11:42 PM, Sushi at Sushi_at_ragingbull.com wrote:

> Now I have to have two more cables laying around my desk for the
> speakers. A much better solution would have been to include two speakers
> in the base unit or screen.

Yeah, Mickey iMouse. ;-)

> Heck, all the iMac is, is a reincarnated Cube with a TFT on it and a
> power supply in it, instead of the brick.

No, no, it's a _lamp_ BTW, they started on this vision of the product two
years ago, so you can hardly call it resurrected when the cube was still in
production. Hey! Maybe _that's_ why Apple discontuned the cube--so it
wouldn't compete with the iMac. They would want to give it enough time to
disappear from retail shelves before the intro. It makes sense...

--
Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland

'A general dissolution of principles and manners will more surely overthrow the liberties of America than the whole force of the common enemy. While the people are virtuous they cannot be subdued; but when once they lose their virtue then will be ready to surrender their liberties to the first external or internal invader." -- Samuel Adams