Re: [NTLK] Best Mac laptop for Newton use?

From: Stephen Jendraszak (stevehj_at_mac.com)
Date: Fri Jul 05 2002 - 23:31:19 EDT

Actually, if you want to buy an older Mac laptop, I have a PowerBook=20
5300ce I was thinking of selling. I was about to place an ad in the=20
local paper for about $250... but I would drop it to $200 for a fellow=20=

NewtonTalker.

It has a PowerPC 603e @ 117 MHz, 11.3=94 Active Matrix Screen (800x600,=20=

thousands of colors), 32 MB RAM, 1.1 GB hard drive, and floppy drive.

I would sell it with an ethernet/modem card, external CD-ROM, portable=20=

printer, Mac OS 9, and Office 98.

It would be ideal for connecting to a Newton over serial or ethernet,=20
and the screen is beautiful. I bought it factory refurbished by Apple-=20=

it was like new in box. It has been treated well, and I am only selling=20=

because I am considering buying a new iBook.

Let me know if you would be interested.

sj
=00

http://homepage.mac.com/stevehj