Re: [NTLK] MoreInfo and Memory Heap

From: Patrick Jendraszak (indyibook_at_insightbb.com)
Date: Tue Jul 09 2002 - 07:16:52 EDT

Laurent:

Thanks for the advice. I gave all the info I had at hand about storage
and RAM memory to give a complete picture of my Newt. Here's what I
found:

I was using an older System, 717041. So I downloaded the 717260 patch
and (after making a backup) installed it. Heap memory appeared to
increase, but still nothing near the levels you suggested.

My son and I kept reviewing the FAQ and found that what we believed was
an upgraded MP2000 (the seller didn't really know) is a standard MP2000.
The OS takes up 912k (in the Memory Info windows) and I believe that
number should be higher if it is an MP2000u . That should explain the
difference in Heap.

Thanks for your help.

Patrick

Cleve's Conundrum:
Those who become part of a larger picture
Don't appear any smaller.

A message from Patrick Jendraszak