Re: [NTLK] I'm back on the newton

From: Michael 'Mickey' Sattler (michael_at_GeekTimes.com)
Date: Sun Jun 09 2002 - 11:44:17 EDT

At 09:58 -0500 6/9/2002, John Fraser wrote:

>After lurking on/off for the past 1-2 years I pulled my newton 2000 emate
>300 and newton 130 out and started loading all the new stuff that people
>have been hard at work on since life took me in a different direction.

Welcome back! I did the same thing a few months ago, and my two Palms
(m505 and Vx) have been gathering dust. Too cheap to sell on eBay,
too expensive to throw away.

>1. First is finding a 2100 or 2000u worth it?

Yes. And if you have the cojones for it, overclock it.

>2. What is the best browser and IMAP e-mail client. I am forced to use
>mail2web.com right now as I couldn't find a imap client in my older e-mail
>program downloads.

I haven't found a browser with which I'm happy. NetHopper works, but
barely. Newt's Cape is hard to start using, and so I gave up.
LunaSuite Pro - now free - seems to be the best simple tool, although
I may actually **read** the NC docs :^)

>Hopefully you don't mind me crawling back to the list after all this time.
>Life took a nice 180 on me recently.

Life is what happens while you're making plans. Welcome back.

Michael "Mickey" Sattler, Geek Times   <mailto:michael_at_GeekTimes.com>
San Francisco, California, USA    <http://www.GeekTimes.com/michael/>

I was born not knowing and have had only a little time to change that here and there. -- Richard Feynman (1918 - 1988)