[NTLK] [OT] HP LaserJet 5MP Problems

From: Chris Ruprecht (chrup_at_earthlink.net)
Date: Sat Jun 15 2002 - 16:52:15 EDT

Hi all,

finally, I have a printer again, with which I can print to, from my
Newton. The printer, however has 2 problems:
1. It's not picking up paper from the bottom tray.
2. It prints smudges 3 - 4 times on each page.

I probably have to get a rubber band replacement for the paper picker
upper or something. But I can live with paper going in through the front
(50 or so pages) tray.

The smudges are not from the tuner cartridge - I have another cartridge,
and they look exactly the same. I guess, they are on the drum. Is that
something which is easily fixed (Easy = below $50) or am I looking at
some major expenses?
Otherwise, this printer looks like it's in good shape - not bad for
something I saw standing next to our trash compactor this morning - and
my 'old computer collection instinct' just couldn't resist ...

Best regards,
Chris

Chris Ruprecht
1505 Fort Clark Boulevard #1-205 * Gainesville, FL 32606
E-mail: chrup_at_earthlink.net