[NTLK] Newton 4 Newbies/dead 2100

From: James Mackey (mackeyj24_at_hotmail.com)
Date: Wed Jun 26 2002 - 20:22:28 EDT

I had an Implant accel and an SER-001 in it. The flip-cover would not stay
back in the locked position (imperceptable bulge of the back case) so I was
experimenting with several alternate locaitons for the accelerator. So now
the Newt won't boot, and it failed to recover after an overnight hiatus
(following the instructions on the FAQ). I don't know if anything inside
might have touched and caused the problem. Maybe I was too greedy. That Newt
was my skanky daily driver, and it would be nice if it could be recovered.
All the internal connectors are still secure and I removed and reinstalled
the PCB card and SER-001 without any luck. I might try de-soldering the
Implant and putting the old crystal back to see if it was the part that
failed.

JM

>From: James Elliott >Reply-To: newtontalk_at_newtontalk.net >To:
newtontalk_at_newtontalk.net >Subject: Re: [NTLK] Newton 4 Newbies site >Date:
Wed, 26 Jun 2002 19:22:16 -0400 >>>What sort of hotrodding were you up to?
>>-James >>>It looks like quite a useful site. The J&K Sales link will come
in handy. I >>need to get another 2100 after I murdered one of mine
yesterday. I was >>probably asking for trouble by hotrodding the hardware
toomuch. >>>>JM >>>-- >Read the List FAQ/Etiquette:
http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html >Read the Newton FAQ:
http://www.guns-media.com/mirrors/newton/faq/ >This is the NewtonTalk

Send and receive Hotmail on your mobile device: Click Here[1]

--- Links ---
   1 'http://g.msn.com/1HM505401/45'