Re: [NTLK] [OT] up in the sky

From: Jon Glass (jonglass_at_mac.com)
Date: Mon Jun 24 2002 - 12:26:14 EDT

on 6/24/02 3:58 PM, Mark Bock at markbvt_at_adelphia.net wrote:

>> And I thought I was doing good that day when I was visiting Luray VA, having
>> lunch near the bell tower, and a B-24 & B-17 flew over in formation.
>
> That would be awfully nice to see too!
>
>> Where is the B-29 kept??
>
> It belongs to the Confederate Air Force and spends pretty much all of
> its time either flying around the country for air shows and static
> displays or in maintenance. I think its home base is somewhere in
> Texas.

Aren't the B17 and B24 owned by the Yankee Air Force or Museum? I remember
when I was a kid, how the B17 owned by them tried to take off from the small
local airport where I grew up, and it crashed, forcing them to park it there
in a hanger for a year, while they repaired it. They used to charge
admission to watch them work and to walk through it to help defray the costs
of the repairs...

How did we get off onto this topic??? ;-)

--
Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland

'A general dissolution of principles and manners will more surely overthrow the liberties of America than the whole force of the common enemy. While the people are virtuous they cannot be subdued; but when once they lose their virtue then will be ready to surrender their liberties to the first external or internal invader." -- Samuel Adams