Re: [NTLK] GEM 2100 impressions

From: Laurent Daudelin (nemesys_at_cox.rr.com)
Date: Sun Mar 03 2002 - 02:18:57 EST

on 02/03/02 10:09, Rolf Brakvatne at rbrak29_at_qwest.net wrote:

> Laurent,
>
> My 2100 seems to work OK, even in the area of the crack?/scratch?,
> except for one thing.
> When I rotate the screen to landscape and use programs (ie. Pocket
> Quicken) that have writing fields in the area of the crack and
> horizontally from the area (3/4 in. wide), it has very erratic pen input
> sometimes. The key word is 'sometimes'. This only occurs in the
> landscape screen position. Pen inputs for buttons and pulldowns are fine
> in the crack/scratch area. Is this normal in the 2100?
>
> GEM has allowed me to return the 2100 for their inspection and possible
> exchange after I e-mailed them a picture of the screen. I would cover
> the shipping both ways. Worth returning it??

Yes, if they accept you to return it, I would do so. You never know what
this defect will cause you in the future...

-Laurent.

fear and loathing n.: [from Hunter S. Thompson] A state inspired by the prospect of dealing with certain real-world systems and standards that are totally brain-damaged but ubiquitous -- Intel 8086s, or COBOL, or EBCDIC, or any IBM machine bigger than a workstation. "Ack! They want PCs to be able to talk to the AI machine. Fear and loathing time!"