Re: [NTLK] Contrast problems update

From: Mark Rollins (mark_at_mrollins.com)
Date: Sun Mar 03 2002 - 12:20:23 EST

From: speedy2 <speedy2_at_dag.net>
Subject: Re: [NTLK] Contrast problems update

On Sat, 2 Mar 2002, Steven Frank wrote:

> I took the back off my 2100, disconnected the display ribbon cable from
> where it connects to the motherboard, swabbed it with some alcohol, and

I hope you don't mean rubbing salcohol. (isopropyl). Either theres a lot
of
water in what you're using (25%) and/or it has some additives that can
leave
residue. If you want to clean, use a true contact cleaner.

Personally, I use Cramolin (red & blue) anytime I clean any AV contact.
It's great, most have never heard of it, and it is the absolute best.

Mark Rollins
mark_at_mrollins.com
www.mrollins.com