Re: [NTLK] blank screen problems

From: Jochen Schäfer (js.josch_at_gmx.de)
Date: Wed Mar 06 2002 - 06:32:46 EST

On Wed, 06 Mar 2002 12:06:04 +0100, doppler wrote:

>hi list!
>
>i have a strange problem that i cant solve: every time i switch on the
>screen goes blank.
>
>some weeks ago i got a backup 2100 unit. a week ago i loaded most of the big
>packages both on the internal store and the card. everything worked just
>fine. a couple of days ago, i transferred the rest of the info - dates,
>notes, works docs, names and some extra pkgs. after this last transfer, the
>error started to appear.
>
>to get the unit back in working order, i need to pop-up my modem and
>reinsert it - then a pop-up appears and parts of the screen get available
>(if i close the popup, the screen area that was covered by the pop-up is
>visible, the rest is blank.) if i want to make the whole screen visible, i
>have to rotate the screen or something similar, so that the whole screen is
>changed once. only then the entire screen will be available.
>
>i havent seen this error before. is this covered in some FAQ, is it a common
>error, is it a system bug, is my system soup corrupted? do i need to
>brainwash and reinstall everything?
I have this problem too with my MP120. I replaced the unit excpt the
display
and still it is there. If I touch the display with the stylus it comes
back.
The display stays normal if I have a keyboard or the serial cable
attached, i.e.
if communication is going on. I guess there is something like a current
flux
that let the display go blank.

Jochen