Re: [NTLK] Seeing red

From: Stephen Jendraszak (stevehj_at_mac.com)
Date: Wed Mar 06 2002 - 15:10:09 EST

Red is the complementary color of green. When you look at a color for a
long time, it gets "burned" in your retina, because the retina has been
over-stimulated. It is trying to compensate by tossing the complementary
color in there to "dampen" the hue you are looking at. When you look
away, though, the eye cannot adjust fast enough, so you see the inverse
color of what you were looking at in your vision still.

sj

http://homepage.mac.com/stevehj