Re: [NTLK] A (dumb) Waba question

From: Steve Weyer (weyer_at_kagi.com)
Date: Thu Mar 07 2002 - 06:18:48 EST

> From: Steve Weyer <weyer_at_kagi.com>

as a p.s. to my previous posting, if you've got a .htm page with embedded
Waba applet (which references your .jar), you can download that to Newton
using Newt's Cape and WabaTester, then run it or create a .pkg

sorry for the confusing instructions for Warp/Exegen
[I just never had time to rewrite as things evolved,
and perhaps I'm not capable of making it clearer...]

-- and glad that Sean's newer instructions page helped.

if anyone is still having problems with the proper incantations, email me.
basically, to create a simple app:

java wababin.Warp c /f 4 MyWabaApp *.class
java wababin.Exegen /f 4 MyWabaApp MyWabaApp MyWabaApp

(assumes no additional libraries beyond standard Waba classes, no icon, main
classname same as package; there are command line switches for these and
other bells and whistles)

btw, the "GUI" app helps hide a lot of this (though it was limited on older
JVMs, and I think there may still be a minor unicode bug that I'd fix if
people were really eager to use this).

--
Steve
http://www.kagi.com/weyer/#Waba