Re: [NTLK] Just got my first Newton... questions...

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent_daudelin_at_fanniemae.com)
Date: Thu Mar 07 2002 - 14:51:28 EST

On 07/03/02 14:44, "Steven Frank" <stevenf_at_panic.com> wrote:

>> 2- Is there anything *really* neat I should know about?
>
> To make sure you don't miss out on a ton of cool stuff, read the User's
> Manual (available in PDF form at UNNA). There are lots of shortcuts and
> tips buried in there. (And this isn't just an RTFM message in
> disguise. :))
>
> Also, be sure to read this list. For example, I've been an on-and-off
> Newton user for many years, and I didn't know until someone posted here
> a week or two ago, that clicking on the time in the upper left will open
> the Clock app, AND that the Clock app has a minute timer functionality,
> as well as its own alarm. DUH, so obvious, but somehow I just never
> knew that until it was pointed out. At that point, I went back and
> reread the User's Guide myself. ;)

I would start by reading the FAQ! Those are the most susceptible questions
that you may have after starting to use your Newton. That's what a FAQ is
for, BTW, "Frequently Asked Questions"...

-Laurent.

fiber-seeking backhoe: [common among backbone ISP personnel] Any of a genus
of large, disruptive machines which routinely cut critical backbone links,
creating Internet outages and packet over air problems.