Re: [NTLK] Idea for Newt Sync development

From: John Goggan (jgoggan_at_dcg.com)
Date: Fri Mar 08 2002 - 13:38:50 EST

Laurent Daudelin wrote:
> Hmmm, I'm not sure I understand what you're asking. NCU is exactly
> doing this, albeit not in a perfect way.

Yes, I know. But NCU always dies on me with the (-1) error.

> But if can backup the entire content of a card, packages and soups,
> and restore them without any problem.

Not on my machine. :) And obviously many others. Searching Google, I find
dozens of threads and arguments about this over the past 4 years -- people
complaining about the -1 error. Some people getting it to go away by removing
various things that don't seem to make a difference for others (Big Notes,
external cards, various other things that seem more coincidental than a real
fix).

> Like others suggested, check the FAQ,

Did. :)

> if you have a fast processor, run SlowDown one or two times,

I'm going to do some more testing with this tonight. I have tried it before,
but not recently -- so I want to do more of that before I state that it
absolutely isn't working for me.

> and make sure you're doing a full backup, not an incremental one.

Yep -- am.

I'll let people know how my Slowdown tests go...

 - John...